2020 CIIS COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Congregation Sherith Israel, 2266 California St. SF CA 94115
Saturday, May 16, 2020, 3PM
Graduates from Summer 2019, Fall 2019 and Spring 2019 are invited to attend the Commencement Ceremony on May 16, 2020. Exceptions are intended for students who have officially completed all coursework by Spring 2020 and a final semester of practicum in Summer 2020. All graduates must submit an online graduation application via MyCIIS Registrar including those who do not plan to participate in the commencement ceremony. If you no longer plan to attend the Commencement Ceremony, please let us know by clicking here.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO WALK IN THE 2020 COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY:
- Students who successfully completed their degree requirements in Summer 2019, Fall 2019, and Spring 2020.
- Students who are completing practicum hours, internship, or a course in Summer 2020. You must submit an Exception Request Form and receive approval to walk from Student Affairs (deadline March 1, 2020). The electronic form will be live soon!
- Students who successfully defended their dissertation.
Please note, participating in a Commencement ceremony does not mean that you have graduated. Degree conferral (graduation) occurs when all requirements are completed.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIG DAY
(Also posted on the commencement website- link will be posted soon!)
- Graduates must arrive at Congregation Sherith Israel no later than 1:15 p.m. with rehearsals (mandatory) starting promptly at 1:30 p.m.
- As you arrive, please stop at the Check-In table based on your school and last name to obtain your Graduation Name Card. You must carry this card with you at all times and hand it to the narrator when you approach the platform.
- Schools: American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine; School of Consciousness and Transformation; School of Professional Psychology and Health; School of Undergraduate Studies
- Graduates will be seated together by degree and academic program.
- The Ceremony will begin at 3:00 p.m.
- Please note: there is no place to store personal belongings so only bring what you can carry on your person. We expect the Ceremony to end around 5:00 p.m.
- Watch live on Facebook. A link will be provided in Spring 2020.
- Check out the parking list here.
- More information will be posted soon.
- Exception Request form will be available on this page soon.
GRADUATE REGALIA (CAP & GOWN):
- More information will be posted soon.
- We are recommending that each graduate bring no more than six (6) guests to ensure there are enough seats for everyone's guests.
- Doors to the synagogue will open at 2:15p.m. to all guests.
- The ceremony begins promptly at 3:00 pm and will last approximately two hours.
- The synagogue is wheelchair accessible.
- The Commencement ceremony will be particularly long for young children and going in and out of the synagogue is disruptive to the ceremony. We do not recommend bringing infants and young children to the ceremony, as child care is not available.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS: If you need to request accommodations, please contact Student Affairs at email@example.com.
YOUR NAME & DISSERTATION TITLE: At the commencement ceremony, many students' names and for doctoral students their dissertation titles will be read aloud to the audience. A voice mailbox has been set up for any student concerned that their names may be mispronounced. Please call (415) 575-3439 and extension 3439 and state your name, title, and program so that the announcer may hear and rehearse it before the ceremony.
For more information, please see other important information in the Graduation Guidebook. For inquiries concerning the Institute’s graduation procedures (such as graduation application) please contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org and for Commencement ceremony, please contact Student affairs at email@example.com.
Photos from 2018 Commencement are posted on CIIS Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ciissf/