Is a student-run organization that supports students' needs by promoting their involvement in all levels of the CIIS community. Its mission is to facilitate communication, sponsor events, and distribute funds to promote the good of the community within CIIS.
Student Union working mission includes:
- A supportive, collaborative, and connected student community.
- Funding opportunities for students through the Professional Development Grants.
- An integral governance structure that facilitates open and transparent communication among students, faculty, staff, and administration in proactive and collaborative manner.
- A celebratory environment in which CIIS students can share their successes and support one another in accomplishing their goals.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For student group listing, please see Student Groups.
1. START A NEW GROUP: Student groups contribute to the range of activities and perspectives that can enrich the overall academic experience of students. The process is easy! Fill out the New Student Group Application and submit it to email@example.com. Student Union will confirm your registration by email and is available to assist you with your concerns/questions. Application can be found under handouts.
2. INTEGRAL STUDENT GOVERNANCE: Integral Student Governance represents all aspects and every phase of CIIS experience by creating and implementing projects that aim to make connections within CIIS community. if you are interested in being one of the student representatives, email firstname.lastname@example.org. First Student Representative meeting is on Friday, September 21st, 12-1:30 in Room 560. Virtual participation is available, email email@example.com.
3. COMMUNITY BUILDING FELLOWSHIP: Student Union has exciting news to share with all current students who are looking for opportunities to grow and enhance the CIIS student experience (online and in-person) and to cultivate their community building expertise here, at CIIS! More information about the fellowship can be found here!
4. CONFERENCE FUNDING FORM: Electronic Form is available below. Each semester, Student Union has funds set aside to help students attend relevant academic conferences, either as attendees or presenters. Before applying, please make sure to review the eligibility guidelines and general information about the funding below.
You may apply for funding if you meet the following conditions:
- You are a registered student and in good standing.
- You already presented your research work at a conference or attended the conference as a participant.
- You can provide confirmation from the conference stating that your research/abstract was accepted for presentation or confirmation of registration as participant.
- Your conference occurred between June 2019 – May 2020.
- Your award is disbursed after you attended your conference. This means that you are responsible for conference related fees upfront and necessary receipts and confirmations.
- The funding only covers your airfare, car mileage in lieu of airfare, ground transportation, lodging, and registration.
- The award does not cover participation in events associated with course work.
- There is a limit of one award per student, per academic year, and there is no guarantee that a conference funding request will be approved. However, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Expenses will be reimbursed after the conference. We require that you upload all requested documentation and receipts in the electronic form below or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save all the original receipts.
- The approval process can take 2-4 business weeks. Students will be notified of the decision once application and documents have been approved.
- Student Union reviews application every two weeks! For Fall semester, last day to review applications is on December 10, 2019. For Spring/Summer semester, last day to review applications is on June 15, 2020. Applications submitted between December 11, 2019 to February 1, 2020, will be reviewed on February 17, 2020.
- Fall conference form opens September 30, 2019 and closes December 10, 2019. Spring/Summer conference form opens February 1, 2020 and closes June 15, 2020.
- Please check your student's MyMail email for updates! For questions, please email email@example.com.
Conference funding is available as follows:
- Bay Area Conference Participant – ($100 or less)
- National/International Conference Participant – ($250 or less)
- National Presenter – ($500 or less)
- International Presenter – ($800 or less)
Conferences we awarded as of today (2/18/20)
- AASECT Annual Conference in Philadelphia, PA June 13-16 2019
- The XXI Congress of the International Association for Analytical Psychology Encountering the other: Within Us, Between Us, and in the world. August 25-30, 2019, Vienna, Austria
- A Workshop with Bessel Van der Kolk: The body Keeps Score, September 28, 2019, Intercontinental, SF, 94103
- USPATH 2019 conference: WAPTH GEI pre conference 9/4/19-9/5/19, Location: Omni Shoreham Hotel Washington DC
- Labor Action and Research Network: JUNE 12 - JUNE 13, 2019 Case Western Reserve University Cleveland, OH
- 3-Day Couples Therapy Conference, October 11-13 2019, First Unitarian Church of Oakland
- Eurotas Transpersonal World Forum, Sept. 25 - 29, 2019, Paris, France
- Living with Animals National Conference. March 21-23, Richmond, KY. (4th year). Sponsored by Eastern Kentucky University.
- Day of Zen by Selam Sessions, 10/5/2019, Brooklyn, NY
- Activism, Social Justice, & Collaboration: British Conference of Autoethnography, July 22-23, Bristol, England
- the 11th Annual ACMHE Conference Radical Well-Being in Higher Education: Approaches for Renewal, Justice, and Sustainability Lincoln Campus Center University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
- Third Annual Women's & Gender Studies Research Symposium at North Carolina Central University in Durham, NC. "Reclaiming Our Time: Examinations of Resistance Through the Lenses of Race, Class, and Gender" on Saturday, November 2, 2019
- FORTY; The North American Drama Therapy Association 40th Anniversary Conference; Philadelphia, PA; November 6-10, 2019
- June 27-29 2019, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom. Wise Center for Economic Justice at Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Interconnectedness of Acupuncture Meridians, Chakras, and Emotions. November 9, 2019, at Academy of Intuition Medicine
- National Women's Association Conference (NWSA), November 14-17, San Francisco, CA
- 2019 Therapeutic Adventure Professionals Group Best Practices Conference Cultivating our Crop: Brave Conversations in Adventure Therapy In DeKalb, IL. At Northern Illinois University Co-hosted by Adventure Works and Northern Illinois University June 28th and 29th
- Spirit Weavers Gathering June 4 – June 8 2020, Cedar Bloom Farm, Cave Junction, Oregon
- The Science of Consciousness, Tucson, 2019