Is a student-run organization that supports students' needs by promoting their involvement in all levels of the CIIS community. Its mission is to facilitate communication, sponsor events, and distribute funds to promote the good of the community within CIIS.
Student Union working mission includes:
- A supportive, collaborative, and connected student community.
- Funding opportunities for students through the Professional Development Grants.
- An integral governance structure that facilitates open and transparent communication among students, faculty, staff, and administration in proactive and collaborative manner.
- A celebratory environment in which CIIS students can share their successes and support one another in accomplishing their goals.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For student group listing, please see Student Groups.
1. START A NEW GROUP: Student groups contribute to the range of activities and perspectives that can enrich the overall academic experience of students. The process is easy! Fill out the New Student Group Application and submit it to email@example.com. Student Union will confirm your registration by email and is available to assist you with your concerns/questions. Application can be found under handouts.
2. INTEGRAL STUDENT GOVERNANCE: Integral Student Governance represents all aspects and every phase of CIIS experience by creating and implementing projects that aim to make connections within CIIS community. If you are interested in being one of the student representatives, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. COMMUNITY PROJECT LEAD formerly known as COMMUNITY BUILDING FELLOWSHIP: Student Union has exciting news to share with all current students who are looking for opportunities to grow and enhance the CIIS student experience (online and in-person) and to cultivate their community building expertise here, at CIIS! More information about the fellowship can be found here!
4. STUDENT UNION FELLOW: The Student Union Fellows promote a sense of community within Student Union and the wider CIIS student community while serving to enhance the development and social growth of all students. More information about the fellowship can be found here!
5. CONFERENCE FUNDING FORM: Electronic Form will be available by November 20, 2020. Each semester, Student Union has funds set aside to help students attend relevant academic conferences, either as attendees or presenters. Before applying, please make sure to review the eligibility guidelines and general information about the funding below.
You may apply for funding if you meet the following conditions:
- You are a registered student and in good standing.
- You already presented your research work at a conference or attended the conference as a participant.
- You can provide confirmation from the conference stating that your research/abstract was accepted for presentation or confirmation of registration as participant.
- Your conference occurred between June 2020 – May 2021.
- Your award is disbursed after you attended your conference. This means that you are responsible for conference related fees upfront and necessary receipts and confirmations.
- The funding only covers your airfare, car mileage in lieu of airfare, ground transportation, lodging, and registration.
- The award does not cover participation in events associated with course work.
- There is a limit of one award per student, per academic year, and there is no guarantee that a conference funding request will be approved. However, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Expenses will be reimbursed after the conference. We require that you upload all requested documentation and receipts in the electronic form below or email directly to email@example.com. Please save all the original receipts.
- The approval process can take 2-4 business weeks. Students will be notified of the decision once application and documents have been approved.
- Please check your student's MyMail email for updates! For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.